How to Stop Being Skinny Fat
You’re not hopeless. Being mindful of your everyday habits—what you eat, how often you exercise—can make or break your path to wellness. These little steps are easy, and have a big impact.
- Adopt a balanced diet. Here’s the key: Get in less sugar and more good-for-you nutrients. “Stick to the four major food groups: protein, good fat, non-starchy vegetables, and carbs,” says Klein. “Try to stay away from processed foods and man-made carbohydrates, like bread, pasta, and chips.”
- Don’t forget your protein. That means eggs, nuts, seeds, fish, or chicken. Not only will you feel fuller, “sufficient protein intake protects your muscles and maintains a healthy metabolism,” she says.
- Move your body. It’s not always easy, but even getting your heart rate up for 30 minutes a day helps.
- Lift. According to new research, you should pair your protein with strength training to optimise muscle mass.
- Relax. Stress can cause your blood pressure to skyrocket, so take a yoga class, meditate, or read. Anything to get your stress levels down.
- Sleep. Six to eight hours is the goal. (Related: MAXIMISE YOUR SLEEP-SWEAT CONNECTION WITH THIS PLAN)
Why not start with these moves if you haven’t been exercising: 5 FULL-BODY EXERCISES THAT YOU CAN DO DAILY
or this if you live in a condo: WORKOUTS YOU CAN CRUSH IN YOUR TINY KL CONDO BALCONY