Sick of those candy hearts you’ve been eating every Valentine’s Day? Step up your candy game with these six-ingredient chocolate cashew truffles, or whip them up for yourself any day of the year. Made with almond flour, dates, cashews, and cocoa powder, these chocolate cashew truffles are easy to make in just a few minutes. Dress them up with red and pink sprinkles or dip them in melted dark chocolate to really get in the spirit.
Chocolate Cashew Truffles
- 2/3 cup pitted dates (about 15 dates)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted cashews
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Sprinkles to roll the truffles in, optional
- Place the dates, almond flour, cashews, cocoa powder, and maple syrup in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is mostly ground.
- Add mini chocolate chips and pulse on low for another 10 seconds.
- Set the processor on the counter and remove the blade. If you’re rolling the truffles in sprinkles, pour a small amount of sprinkles on a small plate.
- Spoon the mixture out of the processor a few tablespoons at a time, rolling by hand into balls. Continue until you’ve formed eight evenly sized truffles.
- Roll each truffle in the sprinkles.
Nutrition facts per 1 truffle: 124 calories, 5.5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 18g carbs, 2g fiber, 12g sugar, 3g protein